Learning Experience Designer
Department/Group: Curriculum and Instruction
Position Type: Full-time/Remote
Reporting to the Director of Curriculum and Instruction, the Learning Experience Designer designs and develops engaging content, experiences, and learning solutions in support of the organization’s mission to find faster, easier, and more effective ways to build and deploy IT skills training programs.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, clients, and other learning experience designers to identify learning goals and learning outcomes for learning experiences.
- Design and develop learning experiences aligned with learning outcomes.
- Design visual elements to support storytelling and engagement of learners on complex topics.
- Use authoring tools to build learning experiences that include assessments, interactive activities, animated videos, graphics and images, and text-based content.
- Manage projects, programs, and initiatives, balancing priority, urgency, timelines, and dependencies.
- Contribute to and improve training style guides and templates.
- Analyze learning data and make recommendations to improve quality, behavioral results, and impact.
- Stay current on new learning approaches, behavioral science, technology, and tools and apply that knowledge to our curriculum.
- Serve as an Administrator for the Learning Management System (LMS). Maintain systems, create user profiles, create reports, publish video and other digital content.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with written (writing and editing) and spoken language.
- Prior experience in applying graphic design principles and experiential learning.
- Passion for communication through storytelling, examples, challenges, and visual elements.
- Project management experience to oversee deliverables, deadlines, dependencies and communicate status.
- Basic knowledge of web development (HTML5, CSS).
- Desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Experience working with enterprise learning management systems (LMS)
- Experience using learning data to inform continuous improvement.
- Graphic design skills and experience with tools such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere.